Your neighborhood in the palm of your hand. Find out what’s happening right now: concerts, new merchandise, events, specials from local businesses. Always be in the know in your own neighborhood. (Currently available for Williamsburg & Greenpoint)
We were inspired to do this project because staying local is so important to retaining the culture of our communities. The benefits include…
- Local businesses employ more people
- Keep twice as much money in the local area
- Increases home value 50% faster
84% of small businesses with a mobile presence report increased sales. Yet only 14% maintain a mobile presence. That’s why we created this mobile app especially for mom & pop establishments to promote themselves. At the same time, providing users with a rich, experiential way to stay in touch with their neighborhood. To make it even more powerful and easy for the businesses, we’ve created a special merchant app that allows them to upload content in a matter of seconds to Domino Street, as well as their Facebook page and Twitter stream.
If you’re a Small Business Owner: We’d LOVE to hear from you! Please sign-up so we can add your business and roll-out our platform to your city and neighborhoods.
We want to create something to allow people to experience what’s going on around them. We know from the success of photo sharing apps, that rich imagery is a powerful way to accomplish this.
We aim to build a super easy, almost playful way to browse what’s new, relevant, and fresh in your neighborhood. We’re not a deals app, we’re not an events app, nor are we a curated guide. We are simply an app that connects you to what’s happening in your neighborhood.
What’s In the App
- Eat + Drink: Chalkboard specials, happy hours, new cocktails
- Shop: New Merchandise, Current Sales, promote In-store events
- Culture: Event based – Music concerts, Art openings, Movie Night, Food Festival, etc.
- SnapDeals: Users take a picture of an item & post to Facebook/Twitter = unlock existing eCoupon
Are you a merchant? Sign up here.
Are you an iPhone user? Download the app.